Skip to content

Wear Your Clothes Backwards Day!

April 23, 2010

That’s right, I wore my dress backward today!  I think I like it better this way too. :)  I like this chambray Gap dress, but hadn’t been wearing it much because I felt the cut wasn’t all that flattering to me.   Well, it was a simple fix–just turned it around!  I love the inspiration I’m getting from browsing fashion blogs, because I doubt I would have ever thought of this otherwise.

Photobucket

Wearing the dress backwards makes it unnecessary to wear a camisole underneath, and also gives it more of an empire waist, which I prefer.

Photobucket

and here’s the new ‘back’, which was meant to be the front!

Photobucket

Sir Owl seemed right for the occasion–he goes well with this new neckline. :)

Photobucket

Since the outfit feels vintagey, a couple retro-ish shots…I even stuck a ribbon in my ponytail..feeling kinda 50′s inspired

Photobucket

Photobucket

So yay!  this dress can do double duty now–it’s so cool to find new ways to make a piece more versatile, esp. when you don’t have a huge amount of clothing to work with.

In what ways have you made your clothes work in different ways?   If you’ve come up with something new and inspired, tell me about it..would love to hear! :D

By the way, I wasn’t sure if I should use ‘backward’ or ‘backwards’, so I looked it up.  Apparently, they are interchangeable (both ways are correct)!  So, I am using them interchangeably in my post, lol ;)

xo

~Tracy

Outfit Details:

Dress:  Gap

necklace and tights: ebay

shoes:  thrifted

About these ads
8 Comments leave one →
  1. April 23, 2010 1:06 am

Absolutely awesome photos. Come to think of it, I might have a few dresses that could work backwards!

2. April 23, 2010 2:30 am

The dress looks great backwards! Love it!! I really love the way folks have been wearing long skirts as strapless dresses, mostly belted. I’m going to try it as soon as the weather gets warmer :)

3. April 23, 2010 6:48 am

I love this. I have a dress that I wear backwards too (http://dailyclothesfix.blogspot.com/2010/01/backwards-coming-forwards.html). The only issue is all the people who ask me if I know I have my dress on backwards!

4. Nancy permalink
    April 23, 2010 2:26 pm

That is CUTE! I never would have known it was backwards!

5. April 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Cute! It has a sexier back now too!

Since I started blogging I know I’ve become more creative in the way that I wear things, but I can’t think of a specific example offhand. Hmmm!

6. April 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Wow, great pics! I love the idea of wearing a dress backwards! It looks awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I’m followin ya!=)

7. April 23, 2010 5:32 pm

It really does work backwards doesn’t it? Who would have thought? I have an entire stack of clothing that I’m hoping to alter. I have a pair of black jeans that have bottoms that are styled like bloomers. I get so many compliments from those. I want to try to make some of my own using different fabric including possibly some dark teal tulle. We’ll see if it will work.

8. April 24, 2010 4:03 pm

oh, what can I wear backwards? This is really cute.

I love your comments! Each time I get one it's like getting a little present :) If you decide to leave one, I will definitely try to return the favor, as I look for friendship and a sense of community in blogland, and you'll be putting a smile on my face!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: