Skip to content

Rebels in the Back Alley!

January 5, 2012

So, there were a couple of jaunts to a certain back alley yesterday, lol. I took Doran and Amelia the first time, as there was a little down time after picking them up from school until I had to get Idelle (who stayed after school for field hockey stuff.)

Then, Doran and I went back later because I loaded my pics and found that they were almost all whited out – the white background in the alley and not using the natural light correctly, I suppose (I REALLY need to read the manual that came with my camera, or take a photography class!) I so enjoy taking pictures, but I’m an amateur with no patience when it comes to reading instructions. I think a class would be best for me, as it would force me to listen, read, and learn, lol.

So anyway, here are a few pics..the one where I’m wearing the flare jeans, the ones of Amelia, and the one of Doran with the skateboard were taken the first time around, so I did some editing to trip out the whited out ones a bit, and to take away from the fact that they were so white.   The rest were taken when Doran and I went back later, and I wore skinny jeans that time (I think they look better with the heels anyhow.)
Photobucket

I wore my thick knit grey tights under my jeans, as I have been so chilled!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tunic thingy is something my sister gave me for photo shoots, because she thought it was different and interesting.  I agree, so here it is!

Photobucket

This Aeropostale top is SO cozy!  I would never normally go into the Aeropostale store, as it seems like a store full of basics that are way over priced because this brand name is splashed over them.  But, I went in because Idelle wanted to on our shopping trip shenanigan the other day, and there were $5 bins full of shirts.  Idelle got a couple of tees, (as they are very in for middle schoolers right now) and I got this thermal purple long sleeved number.  I got it in XS because I wanted a very close fit, as I’ll mostly use it under things, and it really helps with keeping me warm – I love that!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This little pendant was sent to me by the lovely Michelle, when she and I participated in a craft swap.  She got a wool felt flower pin from me, and I got this cute little number from her – it’s a bee on a flower, and it matched this color palette nicely.  It’s very cute – I love wearing custom, hand made jewelry.

Photobucket

My little Amelia, always full of giggles, grins, and whimsical ideas galore :)  and yes, she has a horse on her shirt..this is the shirt Idelle bought her as a gift the other day.  One of these days I’ll need to get a clearer pic of it.  I love that Amelia loves horses like I did as a kid.

Photobucket

Photobucket

and here’s Doran with his skateboard!  The next time, when he came back with me, he brought his bike and did some cool tricks on that too.  He’s quite the acrobatic little guy – he takes after his uncle, my brother Troy, because he surely did NOT get it from me.  :-P

Photobucket

and this is why I titled the post ‘Rebels in the Back Alley;’ I parked right next to this sign.  Oh yeah, livin’ on the edge!

Photobucket

I think I’m going to head out now and find a place to relax, pray, and take a few pics for fun – you’ll see them soon enough I’m sure *wink*

xo

Tracy

my top:  Aeropostale

jeans:  both pairs were gifts

platform sandals:  Target (get a similar look HERE )

tunic:  gift (get a similar look HERE)

pendant:  gift

Amelia’s outfit

horse tee: The Children’s Place {get a (long sleeved) horse tee HERE}

tulle skirt:  The Children’s Place (get a similar look HERE)

shoes:  Payless Shoes

Doran’s outfit:

Wally World!

About these ads
21 Comments leave one →
  1. Nancy permalink
    January 6, 2012 5:29 am

Absolutely delightful!

• January 7, 2012 6:38 pm

Thank you! =D It’s fun – and when I have kids with me and someone walks by, I can always just take pictures of them and pretend that’s what I’m there for, lol

2. January 6, 2012 7:14 am

the colors in your tunic are so pretty! you look great in bright colors! :) to answer you question about the shoes….yes, I have worn them during the day while I’m out and about, but only if it won’t be more than a couple of hours. They are not too terribly uncomfortable, but will start to hurt like most heels do after a few hours. I’m pretty used to wearing heels because I used to wear them all the time when I taught. And I like being tall! :)

• January 7, 2012 6:36 pm

I like being tall too Toni! How tall are you? I’m about 5’5″. I think that you are super talented to be able to wear them all the way through a workday!

3. January 7, 2012 6:46 pm

I love this Tracy!

4. Bekah permalink
    January 7, 2012 6:55 pm

I love the photos! But I almost think you should call this “The Whimsical Wardrobe”, ;) And I love the purples in the shirt with the brown boots. Very cute pairing!

• January 7, 2012 6:59 pm

Bekah, it’s funny you said that, as my original address was ‘whimsical wardrobe,’ but, those words didn’t draw a lot of people in. Now, if you type ‘The Wardrobe Wanderer’ into a search, this pops up first :)

• January 7, 2012 7:01 pm

and the idea of a wardrobe wanderer a take on Narnia, and how they wander in through a wardrobe – I’ve loved those books since I was a kid

5. January 7, 2012 6:59 pm

Tracy, love the photos you post. Watching the kids grow, it’s always fun. And I get to see you once in awhile. Love that you’re “living on the edge”:)

6. January 7, 2012 7:07 pm

You are so beautiful and I love seeing all of your artistic pictures! This is one blog I really enjoy following. Keep up the great art!!

7. January 7, 2012 7:22 pm

Okay, so I am in love with both the tunic top and that pink skirt your daughter is wearing. I want one of each! Okay, so maybe I still want to be a kid….but hey, why not? Great post!

8. January 7, 2012 7:34 pm

Love the pics!

9. Max permalink
    January 7, 2012 7:43 pm

Looks like a fun day! Purple looks great on you and I love the pic of Doran on his skateboard ~ it is a great shot! Amelia looks adorable, as always….little fashion trend setter in the making!

10. January 7, 2012 7:46 pm

Great pics! I love the location. The brick buildings have a turn of the century feel to them. Almost as if you’ve stepped back in time a bit. :)

11. Jenn permalink
    January 7, 2012 8:22 pm

I love looking at all you new pictures. I have some pretty cool stuff for you, i went thru my clothes and pick some stuff out for you.. Hit me up and U can have them..=D Who know’s maybe I’ll see you in something. Question, if i designed something would you wear it if it was cute. I have a brother sewing machine and a commercial singer sewing machine, time for me to get creative, and you can me my model..=D

12. January 7, 2012 8:34 pm

Ah! Your kids are adorable! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first outfit. Would so totally wear it!

13. Michelle permalink
    January 7, 2012 8:35 pm

I LOVE all the purple! And I especially like the necklace. ;-)
    So glad to see you wearing it! I still wear the pin you made…..it has a permanent home on a cute little cropped brown jacket I wear all the time.

14. Nancy permalink
    January 7, 2012 8:49 pm

When I type in The Wardrobe Wanderer on any computer, your blog pops right up! I love it! Have tried to show the kids at school, but the school blocks some things so it doesn’t show all the pictures. But I was able to show the kids a little and they thought it was really cool!
    My lil’ student said she likes the rainbow horse necklace and she said “I knew it would be a necklace!” I haven’t seen her wear it to school yet and I hope she will.
    I wore the dragonfly necklace, and the student whose Mom you designed that dragonfly for noticed it, and I said, “It’s because of your Mom that my daughter designed this picture of a dragonfly!” He thought that was cool.

15. Jessica permalink
    January 7, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Tracy!
    The tunic is beautiful on you! I really like the pictures taken in the alley. And calling this “The Wardrobe Wanderer” after the Narnia books is a wonderful idea; I love those books.

16. January 7, 2012 10:37 pm

You are amazing! Somehow you manage to take a dingy back alley and turn it into art. I love looking at your blog.

17. Laura permalink
    January 8, 2012 4:20 am

Your photos are always so enchanting. Love the outfits!

I love your comments! Each time I get one it's like getting a little present :) If you decide to leave one, I will definitely try to return the favor, as I look for friendship and a sense of community in blogland, and you'll be putting a smile on my face!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: